Radiology in St. Petersburg, Florida
Our board-certified radiologists at Northside Hospital use state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging to view activities and structures within your body to better understand your health. In addition to 24/7 medical imaging, we also offer extensive interventional procedures.
For more information on our imaging services, please call our radiology department at (727) 521-5042.
Patient-centered outpatient medical imaging services
We value our patients' time, and to show this, we offer the following conveniences:
- Free accessible parking
- Minimal wait times
- Walk-in appointments
Specialized radiology team
Our healthcare providers offer patients advanced medical imaging and diagnostics. Our board-certified radiologists oversee all procedures and offer medical direction. Our radiologists have fellowship training and/or expertise in the following:
- Cardiac imaging
- Interventional radiology
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Musculoskeletal imaging
- Nuclear medicine
ACR ACCREDITED IMAGING CENTER
We are recognized by the American College of Radiology for nuclear medicine and MRI.
Our radiology services
Our radiology department is available 24/7. We offer a wide range of diagnostic imaging tests and image-guided procedures, including:
- Angiography,Angioplasty and stenting
- Aspiration/Drainage of infection or abscess
- Biliary procedures
- Carotid artery interventions
- Chemo embolization /Selective internal radiation therapy (SIRT)
- Cryo and Radiofrequency Ablations
- Discography - Embolization for bleeding due to trauma,hemoptysis, nosebleeds
- Embolization for uterine fibroids, pelvic congestion syndrome and varicoceles
- Embolization for vascular malformations
- Endovascular treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms (EVAR)/Thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR) and aortic dissections
- Endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms and stroke
- Fallopian tube recanalization
- Foreign body retrieval/li>
- Gastrostomy, Gastrojejunostomy tube placement and exchange
- Hemodialysis access maintenance, Treatment of AV fistula and graft malfunction
- Infiltrations and guided injections - IVC filter placement and removal
- Lumbar puncture/ Lumbar drain placement
- Nephrostomy, nephroureteral, ureteral tube placement and exchange
- Neurolysis and plexus infiltrations
- PE Lysis - Sclerotherapy
- Spinal vascular malformations treatment
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS)
- Vena cava stenting
- Venous access ports
- Venous sampling
- Vertebroplasty/ Kyphoplasty/ Sacroplasty
- Y-90 embolization
Our radiology department can be reached by fax at (727) 521-5148.
Advanced CT scans
Our 64-slice CT scanner allows us to rapidly and thoroughly diagnose a variety of conditions. In a single rotation, the CT scan creates 64 high-resolution images that form a 3D view of the internal organs.
In addition to providing high-quality images, the 64-slice CT scan can capture some internal activity for the first time noninvasively.
Responsible diagnostic imaging
We are committed to the responsible use of radiation in medical imaging. When using radiation to diagnose a medical condition or complete a life-saving procedure, our physicians and staff strive to deliver the highest quality images with the lowest possible radiation dose.
Our experienced team of radiologists actively measure and manage the radiation dose delivered to patients during imaging procedures to minimize risk and maximize benefit. We track the radiation output of imaging equipment during every procedure. We also regularly review all imaging equipment to ensure it meets appropriate quality standards.