In a true emergency, always dial 911 for immediate medical assistance and go to the nearest emergency room.
Northside Hospital's ER provides the St. Petersburg, Florida community with quality emergency healthcare for all types of injuries and illness, including strokes and heart attacks. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our emergency room is equipped to handle emergency care for both adults and children of all ages.
Emergency rooms are where serious medical conditions are treated. Please see your family doctor or an urgent care center for minor injuries or illnesses.
ER Wait Times
As part of our commitment to the St. Petersburg community, we publicize our wait times online so you can make an informed decision about your family’s care during a crisis. While we try to attend to every patient’s needs in a timely manner, our doctors must prioritize care for patients in critical condition first.
Our ER wait time is approximate and provided for informational purposes only. The ER wait time represents the time it takes a patient to see a qualified medical practitioner after arrival. Patients may be assessed by other medical personnel before seeing the qualified medical practitioner.
The ER wait time for our emergency room is updated approximately every 30 minutes, using an average from the previous four hours.
In an effort to keep your wait as short as possible, we have integrated a fast-track triage program for minor injuries.
- Pinellas County's Only Nationally Recognized Comprehensive Stroke Center (DNV GL Healthcare)
- Comprehensive stroke center (AHCA)
- Accredited chest pain center with PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention)
- Atrial Fibrillation Certification (SCPC)
- Mission: Lifeline Gold Plus Quality Award for heart attack care (American Heart Association)
- Get With The Guidelines - Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus (American Heart Association)
- Top performer on key quality measures recognition (The Joint Commission)