Internal Medicine (38)
The Internal Medicine Residency Program at Northside Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The residency program utilizes a variety of teaching methods and settings to maximize the learning experience of the resident. Each curriculum area combines rotations, conferences and experience to provide the resident with a comprehensive training program.
The Internal Medicine Residency program is designed to teach and train residents to enter into the field of Internal Medicine, preparing them for board certification and to provide them with knowledge they will need to both care for patients in the primary care office arena and also in the hospital environment.
It is our feeling that for an internist to be properly trained in this era, they are best served by being capable of functioning in the hospital environment, but with a strong primary care base during the course of training. We provide this with excellent ongoing, longitudinal clinic experience during the three years of internal medicine residency program.
- Required M.D. or D.O. from an approved school of medicine within TWO YEARS of applying to the residency program.
- M.D. applicants must have passed USMLE Step I, Step II Clinical Knowledge with a score of 220 or better and must have passed Step II Clinical Skills Exam.
- D.O. applicants must pass COMLEX Level 1 and 2 with a score of 450 or better and passing grade of Level 2 - PE. All applicants must complete the scoring requirements by time the rank order list is submitted at the end of our interview season.
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- A headshot photograph
- Three letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Comlex/USMLE Scores
For information on ERAS, you may access their website at www.aamc.org/services/eras/.
- All first-year positions are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- There are no pre-match positions.
- ERAS applications are accepted September 15th through December 31st each year.
International Medical Graduates must have proof of a valid ECFMG certificate.
Northside Hospital will provide:
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Medical/Dental/Life Insurance (subject to hospital policy)
- Three (3) weeks paid vacation/Up to five (5) days for CME with approval
- Two (2) lab coats
- Five (5) sets of scrubs
- Meals provided while on duty
- 24-hour access to Medical Library and internet
- An educational stipend is available for all PGY levels