Internal Medicine (38)
The Internal Medicine Residency Program at Northside Hospital is dual accredited by the American Osteopathic Association and by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The residency program utilizes a variety of teaching methods and settings to maximize the learning experience of the resident. Each curriculum area combines rotations, conferences and experience to provide the resident with a comprehensive training program.
The Internal Medicine Residency program is designed to teach and train residents to enter into the field of Internal Medicine, preparing them for board certification and to provide them with knowledge they will need to both care for patients in the primary care office arena and also in the hospital environment.
It is our feeling that for an internist to be properly trained in this era, they are best served by being capable of functioning in the hospital environment, but with a strong primary care base during the course of training. We provide this with excellent ongoing, longitudinal clinic experience during the duration of the internal medicine residency program.
Northside Hospital will provide:
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Medical/Dental/Life Insurance (subject to hospital policy)
- Four weeks paid vacation
- Two(2) lab coats
- Five (5) sets of scrubs
- Meals provided while on duty
- 24-hour access to Medical Library and internet
- Reimbursement for expenses associated with licensure and post graduate education An educational stipend is available for all PGY levels up to $2000