Average ER Wait Time
ER Wait times are approximate and provided for information purposes only.
If you think you may be experiencing a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or 911.
About Our Wait Time
Our ER Wait Time is approximate and provided for informational purposes only. The ER wait time represents the time it takes a patient to see a qualified medical practitioner after arrival. Patients may be assessed by other medical personnel before seeing the qualified medical practitioner. The ER wait time for each hospital is updated approximately every 30 minutes, using an average from the previous four hours.
Comprehensive Stroke Center
Northside Hospital has acheived the designation of Comprehensive Stroke Center from the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA). Northside Hospital the first hospital in St. Petersburg, the second hospital in Pinellas County, and the 18th hospital in the state of Florida to receive this recognition. In order to be designated as a Comprehensive Stroke Center, a hospital must be able to provide a full spectrum of neuroscience-related care, including offering state-of-the-art detection, treatment and rehabilitation for stroke patients.
Chest Pain Center
- PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention)
- Incorporates all the hospital’s diagnostic and treatment services
- Integrates the Hospital ER with EMS; it is continuously available for patients who are experiencing chest pain or symptoms related to a cardiac event.
- Emergency physicians and staff work closely with cardiologists, the catheterization lab and other medical specialists and diagnostic services within the hospital to ensure quick diagnosis and treatment.
- Treat more ambulance transferred STEMI heart attack patients than any other hospital in Pinellas County.
Emergency Department Features:
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Staffed with emergency medicine specialists
- 23-bed emergent care
- Fast-Track for “small” emergencies
- Industrial Health/Workman's Compensation Program, Company Care; provides post-accident care including drug screens & breathalyzer testing
Awards & Achievements
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Primary Stroke Center (by The Joint Commission)
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention)
- Get with the Guidelines™ Gold Award for Stroke Care (by American Heart)
- Get with the Guidelines™ Silver Award for Cardiac Care (by American Heart)
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures recognition (by The Joint Commission)
Did you know?
Not only do we beat the national standard for rapid heart attack treatment, our time is currently the best out of any hospital in Hillsborough and Pinellas County.
Northside Hospital & Tampa Bay Heart Institute has been designated a UnitedHealth Premium Cardiac Specialty Center for 2007 to 2009. This designation means that Tampa Bay Heart Institute has met rigorous quality criteria based on nationally recognized medical standards and expert advice
Need help finding a physician?
For routine health matters and check-ups, contact your primary care physician. Regular check-ups with a primary care physician is the best way to maintain good health.
Broselow System for Acute Pediatric Administration of Drugs in the ED
The hospital’s emergency department has installed the Broselow System to ensure the proper dosing and administration of drugs to children. Pediatric dosing can be difficult, especially in emergency situations, and the Broselow System allows medical professionals to instantly access proper dosing, improve the speed and accuracy in acute preparation and administration of drugs, reduce medical errors and standardizes pediatric dosing so that we can provide our young patients with high quality emergency care, safely.