Average ER Wait Time
ER Wait times are approximate and provided for information purposes only.
6000 49th Street North
St. Petersburg, FL 33709
Telephone: (727) 521-4411
Map & Directions
If you think you may be experiencing a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or 911.
About Our Wait Time
Our ER Wait Time is approximate and provided for informational purposes only. The ER wait time represents the time it takes a patient to see a qualified medical practitioner after arrival. Patients may be assessed by other medical personnel before seeing the qualified medical practitioner. The ER wait time for each hospital is updated approximately every 30 minutes, using an average from the previous four hours.
Comprehensive Stroke Center
Northside Hospital has acheived the designation of Comprehensive Stroke Center from the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA). Northside Hospital the first hospital in St. Petersburg, the second hospital in Pinellas County, and the 18th hospital in the state of Florida to receive this recognition. In order to be designated as a Comprehensive Stroke Center, a hospital must be able to provide a full spectrum of neuroscience-related care, including offering state-of-the-art detection, treatment and rehabilitation for stroke patients.
Chest Pain Center
- PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention)
- Incorporates all the hospital’s diagnostic and treatment services
- Integrates the Hospital ER with EMS; it is continuously available for patients who are experiencing chest pain or symptoms related to a cardiac event.
- Emergency physicians and staff work closely with cardiologists, the catheterization lab and other medical specialists and diagnostic services within the hospital to ensure quick diagnosis and treatment.
- Treat more ambulance transferred STEMI heart attack patients than any other hospital in Pinellas County.
Emergency Department Features:
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Staffed with emergency medicine specialists
- Providing care to adults and children of all ages
- Works closely with county EMS and fire crews
- 27-bed emergent care
- Fast-Track for “minor” emergencies
- Industrial Health/Workman's Compensation Program, Company Care; provides post-accident care including drug screens & breathalyzer testing
Awards & Achievements
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center (The Joint Commission)
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention)
- Mission Lifeline Gold Quality Award for Heart Attack Care (American Heart Association)
- Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus Award for Stroke Care (American Heart Association)
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures recognition (The Joint Commission)
- “A” Safety Score (The Leapfrog Group)
Need help finding a physician?
If you have a question about symptoms, an illness, an injury, medication, or other medical questions, please contact your physician. If you do not have a physician and need help finding one, you may call our free Physician Referral Line at 1-888-598-9586 or you may Find a Physician on this website.